Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forces TV
09-15-2014, 12:20 AM
Forces TV
There is now a new TV channel available...the first in the UK for the armed forces...Forces TV.

FTV can be found on Sky 264 - Virgin 244 and Freesat 652. The channel commenced broadcasting on 10th June 2014. They broadcast 24 hrs a day, which is of course on a loop but you can also pick up the latest clips on their website at any time.

Nothing on the tele then dip in - just watched a clip on the downsizing of Camp Bastion, Gurkha recruitment, the UK latest aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth and the possible deployment of medical personnel to Sierra Leone to assist with the containment of the Ebola virus.....? which unit...."What me Sir??".......

Still house hunting....easier to find hens teeth at the moment....Keep Calm and Carry On....so 'they' tell me ....try telling that to her indoors!

Need a break....looking forward to the P&P in November.
Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2014, 10:22 AM
RE: Forces TV
(09-15-2014 12:20 AM)Ken Hannah Wrote:  There is now a new TV channel available...the first in the UK for the armed forces...Forces TV.

FTV can be found on Sky 264 - Virgin 244 and Freesat 652. The channel commenced broadcasting on 10th June 2014. They broadcast 24 hrs a day, which is of course on a loop but you can also pick up the latest clips on their website at any time.

Nothing on the tele then dip in - just watched a clip on the downsizing of Camp Bastion, Gurkha recruitment, the UK latest aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth and the possible deployment of medical personnel to Sierra Leone to assist with the containment of the Ebola virus.....? which unit...."What me Sir??".......

Still house hunting....easier to find hens teeth at the moment....Keep Calm and Carry On....so 'they' tell me ....try telling that to her indoors!

Regards
Ken
Hi Ken
Sorry to hear that house hunting is taking so long hope you have some luck soon, Met up with Jake and Sue on Saturday night they took Linda and I to a great pub in Derby where we had lovely meal and a nice chat only problem Jake had to lay off the ale because he was driving we are meeting up again in October for a Sunday lunch both Jake and myself said looking forward to the P/P in November, any increase in the numbers attending
09-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Contacted hotel this afternoon re numbers for reunion/P&P...Sammie was out off her office so left a message for her to get back to me ASAP....will be sorting out a new page for the website re names etc with Ian shortly.

Glad to her that you had a good night out with Jake/SueTongue

Back to Rightmove...still nothing new or worth looking at....Dodgy

Ken
09-16-2014, 10:05 AM
(09-15-2014 12:20 AM)Ken Hannah Wrote:  There is now a new TV channel available...the first in the UK for the armed forces...Forces TV.

Regards
Ken

I dont have any of those TV providers, is it on FREEVIEW? See you at the P&P....Jake

Keep On Rockin'
09-17-2014, 11:56 PM
(09-16-2014 10:05 AM)Jake Marlee Wrote:  

Regards
Ken

I dont have any of those TV providers, is it on FREEVIEW? See you at the P&P....Jake

short answer is no Jake....look forward to seeing you at the P&P....I contacted the hotel re numbers for reunion and P&P but they can't lift and attach to an email!!!!so sending by post - once received I will ask Ian to create a new Attendees page
ken