Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The late Mrs Audrey Moffat
06-29-2014, 12:17 PM
The late Mrs Audrey Moffat
I am sadden to learn of the death of Mrs Audrey Moffat wife of Sir Cameron Moffat Director General RAMC. I knew Mrs Moffat well and my wife worked as his secretary on 1969 Rinteln. RIP Audrey. I'm sure all OTTS will join me in sending condolences to Sir Cameron and his family
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: The late Mrs Audrey Moffat
In addition to Les's message above I was also to inform of the passing of Lt General Sir Cameron Moffat KBE FRCS and also Lady Moffat. A double tragedy for the family.[/align]

I was informed today by the RHQ - the message is below. I wasn't aware until today that Lady Moffat had passed away earlier or would have circulated.

From the Reg Sec AMS:

[i]
You will have seen in the Telegraph recently the death of Lady Moffat.

It is with the deepest sadness that I must also inform you of the death of Lt Gen Sir Cameron Moffat KBE FRCS.

As you know Lady Moffat's funeral was planned for next Tuesday but will now be postponed and the plan is to have a double funeral and cremation with a working date of 15th Jul although the date depends on the Coroner. It will be on the Isle of Wight.

I will confirm full details as soon as I can as I know that the attendance will be high.

They had one son Christopher Moffat and if you wish to write he will receive mail at his parents house.[color=#800000]

I have left out Christopher's contact details as I don't like putting personal information on an 'open' message. I have circulated Christopher's
address via a group message earlier.

*****************[align=center]

General Moffat was one of the best, a true gentleman. Lady Moffat was indeed a true Lady.

I had the privilege of 'looking after' Christopher when he was a young aspiring medical student and visiting the theatre in Rinteln to see what his Dad did.....Many years later at my commission dinner, hosted by the then DG, General Moffat and accompanied by lady Moffat at Millbank, with all the other 'new boys' - when circulating, following the dinner Lady Moffat came came up to me and said "So nice to see you again Cpl Hannah....." "Nice to see you again Ma'am but I am now a Lt"....she found that funny...she had no airs and graces just a lovely lady.

[b]RIP Sir - RIP Ma'am
[/b]

I am away on holiday from the 5th - 12th July on a boat in the Norfolk Broads so will be out of contact. I have asked the Reg Sec to contact Jake with funeral date if arranged while I am away and 'will' ask Jake to circulated via the website - it will appear on Facebook i'm sure.

I will arrange for a card to be sent to Christopher on behalf of the members of OTT Reunited.

Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply