Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Op me
04-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Op me
The time is nearly here, I'm admitted to Castle Hill Hospital Monday 28th April for Oesophagectomy on 29th a 6 hr op to cure. I've had fantastic support from ottreunited which has meant so much to me. Ken is hoping to visit me after the P&P as will Ian Blakey & Mike Craven. Alf Paxton from Calgary has phoned me every week and I have been keeping in touch with many of you on FB and via the website. Thanks also to Bill Hawkesworth for visiting, Bob Sheppard for the saffron buns and honey. Bob Leather day for laughs. Colin Campbell and Chris Bassingham my climbing buddies. Jake and Derek Henderson for their kindness Tony Henderson for his telephone calls and to many ex QAs hope to see you at the 2015 reunion. Keep up the good work brothers. Kind regards Les
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: Op me
The very best of wishes.
Find all posts by this user
04-27-2014, 12:41 PM
(04-26-2014 01:49 PM)Les Viner Wrote:  The time is nearly here, I'm admitted to Castle Hill Hospital Monday 28th April for Oesophagectomy on 29th a 6 hr op to cure. I've had fantastic support from ottreunited which has meant so much to me. Ken is hoping to visit me after the P&P as will Ian Blakey & Mike Craven. Alf Paxton from Calgary has phoned me every week and I have been keeping in touch with many of you on FB and via the website. Thanks also to Bill Hawkesworth for visiting, Bob Sheppard for the saffron buns and honey. Bob Leather day for laughs. Colin Campbell and Chris Bassingham my climbing buddies. Jake and Derek Henderson for their kindness Tony Henderson for his telephone calls and to many ex QAs hope to see you at the 2015 reunion. Keep up the good work brothers. Kind regards Les

Hi Les,
best wishes and good luck for the op,we are all thinking of you.
just remember when you arrive in the anaesthetic room dont tell the odp
how to do his job(lol) I will have a pint or three on you at the P&P and give you the bill when I see you next
cheers John
04-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Good luck Les - will pop in on the 11th on the way back down from Driffield that's if you haven't already been discharged....for being a pain in the A...you now what ex medics are like...for goodness sake don't run your finger across any shelves or start correcting/amending your notes....I did that once a Rinteln (67) to get out of having a penicillin jab....Sally (? surname) the nurse on change over realised what I had done and did it herself with the largest (bugger) needle she could find......got my own back on the guys who bubbled me (six man room) by filling all the water jugs and putting a handful of Senokot table in.....O how I laughed!!

Love to Janet
Ken