Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
The Barry Gaukrodger headstone appeal.
04-08-2014, 12:05 AM
The Barry Gaukrodger headstone appeal.
On behalf of Jackie and family I would like to thank all those members (including Honorary Members) who have supported our appeal and made a donation.

I have acknowledged all those that have sent me a donation. If you have sent a cheque/bank transfer and have not received an acknowledgement from me then please contact me asap via a personal email or personal message via the site.

Jackie has requested that Barry's rank and Corps badge be engraved on the headstone (flat).

I have been in touch with the The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) to confirm the protocol. They have confirmed that the rank and cap badge may be placed on the headstone of an individual who has passed away following discharge from the services provided that the stone is not a copy of the CWGC headstone (death in service).

The RHQ has also sent me a copy of the 'approved' College of Arms Corps cap badge.

Jackie can now begin to make the necessary arrangements with the stonemason.

Once again many thanks for your support which is very much appreciated.

Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: The Barry Gaukrodger headstone appeal.
Thanks to all that have supported the appeal - on behalf of Barry's family many thanks for your generous donations - The Corps and the Commonwealth War Graves Commission have agreed the use of Barry's rank and the Corps badge on the headstone.

Jackie is now making the necessary arrangements with the stonemason.

Once again many thanks.

Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply