Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Poseurs!!
02-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Poseurs!!
Well, my Rugby Union loving Chums, how is the team of your nation going to fare from now on? Must say, my national team, England, look more like poseurs this year than ever before!! Looks more like a fashion contest than a statement to annihilate when the team trots onto the field of battle.

I have no idea who will be Champions, runners up or supporting acts at the bottom of the bill, but I do want to see a good competition.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: Poseurs!!
(02-07-2014 06:09 PM)peter haynes Wrote:  Well, my Rugby Union loving Chums, how is the team of your nation going to fare from now on? Must say, my national team, England, look more like poseurs this year than ever before!! Looks more like a fashion contest than a statement to annihilate when the team trots onto the field of battle.

I have no idea who will be Champions, runners up or supporting acts at the bottom of the bill, but I do want to see a good competition.

Doesn't seem like they are commited enough to the game at the moment,they also seem to be lost on the park somewhat,with to many inexperienced players,perhaps like pro poofy soccer players they are paid to much money & are scared of picking up injuries !!!
If you go in soft you get hurt,they should be taught to tackle by Johnny Wilkinson,now there's commitment in spadesExclamationBig Grin
How's that for controversy thenExclamationExclamationRolleyes
02-08-2014, 05:54 PM
(02-07-2014 09:25 PM)Bob Sheppard Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 06:09 PM)peter haynes Wrote:  Well, my Rugby Union loving Chums, how is the team of your nation going to fare from now on? Must say, my national team, England, look more like poseurs this year than ever before!! Looks more like a fashion contest than a statement to annihilate when the team trots onto the field of battle.

Doesn't seem like they are commited enough to the game at the moment,they also seem to be lost on the park somewhat,with to many inexperienced players,perhaps like pro poofy soccer players they are paid to much money & are scared of picking up injuries !!!
If you go in soft you get hurt,they should be taught to tackle by Johnny Wilkinson,now there's commitment in spadesExclamationBig Grin
How's that for controversy thenExclamationExclamationRolleyes
Have to say I agree with that Bob, just a few minutes away from the kick off against Scotland as I write this. No doubt about it, the Scots would take enormous pleasure from a win today. Does it mean the same thing to the England players, I wonder!!
02-08-2014, 05:59 PM

Hi Peter,
Just watched Wales Ireland Match About to watch England Scotland match and I going for England to win and also to win Championship

Ronhttp://ottreunited.com/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif
02-08-2014, 07:42 PM
(02-08-2014 05:59 PM)Ronald Safhill Wrote:  

Hi Peter,
Just watched Wales Ireland Match About to watch England Scotland match and I going for England to win and also to win Championship

Good choice of winner Ron. Can't argue with that. Sadly though, one swallow, a summer does not make. I would love to see England win the Championship, but I am not confident.
02-09-2014, 02:42 PM
(02-08-2014 07:42 PM)peter haynes Wrote:  

Hi Peter,

Good choice of winner Ron. Can't argue with that. Sadly though, one swallow, a summer does not make. I would love to see England win the Championship, but I am not confident.

(02-09-2014 02:42 PM)Ronald Safhill Wrote:  
(02-08-2014 07:42 PM)peter haynes Wrote:  

Hi Peter,

Ho ye of little faithHuh
02-10-2014, 12:50 PM
England won!!Big Grin Pete is right,they will have to buck their ideas up as a perfomance like Saturdays won't beat Wales or Ireland,still far too many schoolboy errorsHuh