Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
France Emigration and Pensions
07-15-2020, 10:38 AM
France Emigration and Pensions
Hi Guys

I was wondering if any of us retired to France, as we are seriously considering doing so ourselves, when she who must be obeyed retires. No substitute to talking to someone who has been through the experience!

Cheers

Peter G
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2020, 02:29 PM
RE: France Emigration and Pensions
(07-15-2020 10:38 AM)Peter Gilfoyle Wrote:  Hi Guys

I was wondering if any of us retired to France, as we are seriously considering doing so ourselves, when she who must be obeyed retires. No substitute to talking to someone who has been through the experience!

Cheers

Peter G

Hi Pete,

Hope all well with you and yours?

Do you want me to re post your message via the group email? I don't have any OTTs on the database who live in France...Spain seems to be the choice!!!

I have a friend Gordon Donaldson who lives in France and has done so since forever....moved their with his late wife Elaine a few years after leaving the army (RCT). He lives in Brittany. He is a bugger to make contact with though - he comes over for our P&P dos and the reunion. I can email him and sound him out re advice if you like?

Regards
Ken
07-16-2020, 02:43 PM
(07-16-2020 02:29 PM)Ken Hannah Wrote:  

Cheers

Peter G

Hi Pete,

Do you want me to re post your message via the group email? I don't have any OTTs on the database who live in France...Spain seems to be the choice!!!

I have a friend Gordon Donaldson who lives in France and has done so since forever....moved their with his late wife Elaine a few years after leaving the army (RCT). He lives in Brittany. He is a bugger to make contact with though - he comes over for our P&P dos and the reunion. I can email him and sound him out re advice if you like?

Regards
Ken

Yo Ken!

Good to hear from you! Hope Boss Lynn and the rest of your family is in good fettle and keeping you under control!?

Happy to gain advice from anyone who has been there, done that. Little that can substitute for it. Even directions as to who I should talk to would be advantageous.

Like yourself, I couldn't think of any of our guys who had connections with France, never mind emigrated there, so wouldn't think an email would produce much in the way of response.

Cheers

Peter
07-17-2020, 04:41 PM
(07-16-2020 02:43 PM)Peter Gilfoyle Wrote:  
(07-16-2020 02:29 PM)Ken Hannah Wrote:  

Cheers

Peter G

Hi Pete,

Regards
Ken

Yo Ken!

Good to hear from you! Hope Boss Lynn and the rest of your family is in good fettle and keeping you under control!?

Happy to gain advice from anyone who has been there, done that. Little that can substitute for it. Even directions as to who I should talk to would be advantageous.

Like yourself, I couldn't think of any of our guys who had connections with France, never mind emigrated there, so wouldn't think an email would produce much in the way of response.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Pete,
All well here as is family.
I have just been updating the database and realise we do have a tech who moved across to France (one of our female techs)...I believe she is still there. I will email you. Regards Ken
07-30-2020, 05:55 PM

Cheers

Peter G
Hi Pete,
I retired and moved to France 8 years ago. I’m living in the vienne. Fell free to ask any questions.
Joanna
04-26-2021, 01:30 PM
Hi Jo and Ken and All

Thanks, Jo, for all the help and advice, last year, very much appreciated.

Quick update. She who must be obeyed changed her mind and we have moved to Spain (late November)! Just bought a house in the Los Alcazares area and in the process of getting it ready to move into. March-out condition is was not!

Take care all

Peter G