Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Late Denis Potts & Mark Draper
05-03-2018, 01:40 PM
The Late Denis Potts & Mark Draper
Dear all,

It is with sadness that I have to inform you of the loss of two of our colleagues in the last 24 hours.

The Late Denis Potts

I have been informed via Colin Lynn that Denis passed away yesterday afternoon peacefully at home after a long illness (Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis [IPF]). I have no further information at this time. Denis served in the 60s 70s but I never personally served with him (we had a large Corps and many hospitals in those days.) but many of the old school will remember Denis.

I am lead to believe that he moved across to the regimental side (as many did due to OTT promotion prospects in those days) and attained the rank of WO1 (RSM). Denis received a commendation for bravery when he served at Colchester (possibly due to his actions during the theatre fire).

Once I have confirmed the family address I have is still current I will send a condolence card to Nan and family on behalf of the members of OTT Reunited.

Denis's name will of course be recorded on the 'In Memoriam page' of the website and Nan add to your widows list.

RIP
Denis

The Late Mark Draper

Mark sadly passed away today following a long illness. I am awaiting further information from his son Callum. Once received I will circulated.

I served with Mark at the QEMH in the 80s, he a good, reliable technician and well liked colleagues. He served in GW1 and when he left the Corps he was employed as a Senior ODA at the QMC, Nottingham.

Like Denis, once the family address is confirmed I will send a condolence card on behalf of the members of OTT Reunited. Mark's name will be recorded on the 'In Memoriam' page of the website.

RIP
Mark

Further details will be posted when known.

Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply