Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OTT Reunited Holiday Raffle 2018
04-24-2018, 03:58 PM
OTT Reunited Holiday Raffle 2018
OTT Reunited

Next P&P: 18th - 19th May 2018. Venue: Palace Hotel, Buxton.

Next Reunion: Feb/March/April 2019. Date and Venue to be confirmed.
Dear All,

Thanks to the generosity of two of our fellow members we are able to offer, once again, two free holiday opportunities - one in Los Alcázares, Spain the other in the Snowdonia National Park.

The holidays will be raffled within the group with all money raised going to the OTT Reunited Special Purposes Fund (SPF).

Details:

Winter Sun (Code TV)

Tony Valeisa has kindly offered the use of his holiday home 'The Little Castle' in Los Alcázares, Murcia, Spain for the period 2nd - 10th November 2018.

All you have to do it get yourself there.

Tony can arrange airport transfers from either the local airport at Murcia (San Javier) approximately eight minutes from the house or Alicante approximately 60 minutes away at a cost of between 10 euros and 70 euros each way depending on the airport you chose. There is a cleaning fee of 70 euros which like the transfers is paid directly to a third party.
This luxury three storey house has recently been fully decorated and refurbished to a very high standard. It has three spacious, double bedrooms, two bathrooms, separate kitchen and dining/living room plus a private roof top solarium. It is located within a gated complex with views of the park land opposite and close to the lagoon (see map).
Facilities, photos and location map can be viewed at: http://thelittlecastle3.com/gallery
For further information please contact Tony at: thelittlecastle3@gmail.com

Derrick Worthington, last year’s winner, had this to say about his holiday:

Los Alcazares is a beautiful place. Very quiet no teenage drunks around. Two directions for shopping and beach. Turn left out of the property and a 15/20 minute walk into town. The town itself has a very good supermarket and a wide choice of restaurants. At the time of year, I went quite a few had shut down for the season but still plenty of choice. Quite a few middle-aged Brits on holiday though. Crossing the road from the property will take you towards the main road out of town. On reaching it look for the vet’s surgery on your right. Walking down the main road will take you to a supermarket and past there the bus stop for Cartagena and Murcia. Don’t go on Mondays as most of the museums etc are closed. Cartagena a great place to go. Murcia very spread out. Back to the main road, straight will take you to the beach and a left turn a good Chinese restaurant which does a set meal of 3 courses and a glass of wine or beer for about €15. Food pretty good as well. The apartment is excellent. Very well furnished with its own sunroof to enjoy. I really can’t fault it. Nice little area at the front for breakfast al fresco. The lounge is well appointed and stays lovely and cool. The blinds are easy to operate for those who had married quarters in Germany, same operating style. So, take it easy. Overall, yes, I would go again to same location. I thoroughly enjoyed Murcia but the amount of walking wasn’t good on my arthritic knees, also considering I had just finished my chemotherapy. All in all, 12 out of 10.

Thanks for that Derrick.
……………………………….

Snowdonia National Park (Code TN)

Tony Norton has kindly, once again, offered the use of one of his log cabins in the Snowdonia National Park for a week subject to availability.
All you need to do is get yourself there.

The log cabin is set in the heart of Snowdonia’s National Park in the Trawsfynydd Holiday Village in Bronaber, North Wales. The Norwegian pine log cabin has PVC windows, is well insulated, and it offers to you a warm, welcome change from the usual holiday cottage, bed and breakfast, caravan or camping trip.

The village has its own 17th Century Inn and Restaurant, shop, laundry and children's play area. If you enjoy activity holidays then North Wales has it all. If you love the mountains, the cabins are a short walk from the Rhinogs, heralded as the last true wilderness in Wales and surrounded by all the major Welsh Peaks.

Details of the location etc can be viewed at: http://trawsfynyddholidayvillage.com/
For further information please contact Tony at: abnorton@me.com

Barry Sutton, last year’s winner, had this to say about his holiday:

The setting was superb, the accommodation was at the very least 5* with virtually every device one can have in a kitchen, it had a good shower area, two reasonable bedrooms. a lounge with a TV and plenty of seating, a conservatory with a table and chairs and a nice decking area. There is a Pub/Restaurant on site which served good reasonably priced food.
One thing that one would require is a vehicle as it’s in the beautiful Welsh countryside and a few miles from anywhere. We had a smashing week there in early Sept/17, we went out most days and really enjoyed the area.

Thanks for that Barry.
………………………......

How to enter:

The minimum ticket price is £5 (one entry in the draw). For every £1 above the £5 you will receive a further entry in the draw e.g. £15 = 11 chances in the draw.

Please quote Code TV (for Spain) or Code TN (for Snowdonia) or both of course.
Closing date will be 31st May 2018 or sooner if all entries received prior to that date.

If by cheque, please make out to OTT Reunited (Code or Codes on reverse please).

If by bank transfer to: OTT Reunited Bank Account.

If by bank transfer please ensure that you include your name and code in the transfer details so that I can easily ID you.

Please let me know if you are sending a cheque or using bank transfer by contacting me
via the OTT Reunited email address, via a PM on the website (ottreunited.com) or PM via the RAMC OTT page on Facebook.

My home address and OTT Bank A/c details will be forwarded to you by return.

I will acknowledge all receipts.

The draw will be done by a third party not connected with OTT Reunited.

Many thanks to Tony V and Tony N for supporting OTT Reunited in this very generous way.
Regards
Ken
OTT Reunited