Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Late Les Viner
08-11-2017, 11:40 AM
The Late Les Viner
Dear All,

It is with sadness that I have to inform you of the loss of another member of OTT Reunited (The Diminishing Band of Brothers).

Les passed away peacefully at home on Monday evening (7th August) following his long battle with cancer.

It was not unexpected as he has been in a lot of pain and discomfort for some time and on medication +++.

Many will already be aware of his passing from the post left by Derrick Worthington on Facebook.

I have been away in Wales (no internet!) so was only aware of the details from Janet's message left on my answerphone which I picked up last night.

I have spoken to Janet and she is well and will inform me of funeral arrangements when finalised - possibly at the end of the month or early September.

Les will be cremated near Louth his home and his ashes laid to rest in his native Cornwall.

The Corps flag to drape his coffin and the presence of a standard bearer at his funeral has been arranged.

If you would like to send a condolence card to Janet please PM me although I have circulated the address via the OTT Reunited group email address.

Les's name will now be included on the 'In Memoriam' page on the website. Janet, as a member of the OTT Reunited family will be added to our widows database so that we remain in contact.

Our Diminish Bands is now one less - RIP Les.

Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply