Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Next Pie & Pint Gig
08-06-2016, 11:53 PM
Next Pie & Pint Gig
The Next Pint & Pie Gig

The next Pint and Pie Gig will take place over the weekend of 11th - 13th November 2016.

Britannia Hotel, Bosworth Hall, Market Bosworth.

Price:
£55 per person per night (Dinner, Bed & Breakfast).

POC
For booking - Laura Perridge

Telephone: 01455 293135 or Email: sales711@britanniahotels.com

Booking Code:
OTTP171116

Hotel General Number: 01455 291919

Many thanks to Dave Marshall for visiting the hotel on Friday and meeting with Laura and getting the price down from £65. At the gig 'we' will try and get a bit knocked off the reunion prices to as there may be some deals in the New Year. No deposit required when booking for P&P. Anyone wishing to add an extra day e.g. Thursday or Monday can do so at the same price.
Itinerary

Friday: Meet and greet in main bar area and moving on to the lounge in the evening.

Saturday: Trip to the National Memorial Arboretum (NMA) - 20 miles from Bosworth. We will lay a wreath at our memorial tree/plaque and raise a glass in memory of our colleagues and friends who are no longer with us. Move on to pay our respects at the tree/plaque of Pierre (Naya) and also our old pal Jimmy (Harris).
Derrick Worthington has kindly offered to arrange the wreaths and I will provide centre pieces. We can either have a late lunch at the NMA or move on to a pub. Dinner at a reserved table in the hotel.

Sunday: Join the residents of Bosworth at their remembrance parade before departing for home. Jake (Marlee) will be contacting the local RBL to see if we can use the facilities of their club on Sunday (as we did at Milton Keynes last year). Dress as appropriate for Saturday and Sunday.

Pies: Volunteer for pies please.

Hope to see you there

Update: Jake wrote to the RBL at Market Bosworth and received this reply
Dear Mr Marlee,

Thank you very much indeed for your interesting email and I am delighted to tell you what happens in Market Bosworth on Remembrance Sunday, at which we would be very pleased indeed to welcome you and your colleagues this year.

As Secretary of M.B. R.B.L. I am the Parade Marshall of a large Parade, led by a band, the format of which has continued for many years. We form up soon after 9 a.m. accompanied by our local M.P. our Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Leicestershire, Borough and Parish Dignitaries, local detachments of the A.C.F. Scouts, Guides, Brownies, W.I. etc. and the Parade then marches through the town to the Parish Church, which takes about 10 minutes, for the Service at 10 a.m. during which the bugler plays the Last Post, etc. We then form up again to march back to the Market Square, where there is a War Memorial, and there follows a wreath laying ceremony, the two minutes' silence, the National Anthem, etc. etc. and the Market Square will be lined with local villagers who attend for that Service, but who have not been to Church.

We then adjourn to a local hostelry who kindly host us for tea/coffee/biscuits and a chance for the dignitaries to chat, etc.

In answer to your query we would be delighted to welcome you and your colleagues in Market Bosworth on Remembrance Sunday, either to join the Parade, (those who are capable} or to be in Church for the 10 a.m. Service, and then at the Market Square for the wreath laying ceremony.

As a matter of interest my younger son is a Lt. Col. in the R.A.M.C. and he will be very interested to know that you and your colleagues will be joining us on 13th November this year.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

Major John R. Ward. T.D.
Secretary,
Market Bosworth R.B.L.

Keep On Rockin'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply