Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pint & Pie update
10-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Pint & Pie update
Dear all,

Just forwarding on Jake's message to me and Facebook site.

"I have just checked with the hotel for the P&P gig 6th-8th Nov.
we have 10 attending on the Friday and 11 on the Saturday'

I need a minimum of 12 for a block booking at Bletchley Park, so if you are planning to go, but have not yet booked please do so ASAP.

The hotel has now released our reservations but there are still rooms available at the moment but not for long.... So fingers out and start dialing to book your room"

Sophie Costello 01908 215 603
Harben Hotel
Tickford Street
Newport Pagnell
MK16 9EY

Jake has gone to a lot of trouble to sort out the booking arrangements and visits to the locations mention - support him "guys" by booking asap as requested.

Two months ago 25 said they were going to attend - where are you guys?

Has the sparkle gone...the numbers above are the lowest (as at today) ever Huh.

Hope to see you there Tongue

Any queries contact Jake at email address sent on latest group email from me.

On a personal note - once again many thanks for the many condolence message re my late father - very much appreciated - the funeral went as planed and donations went to the RAF Benevolent Fund.

I will respond to all messages as soon as things calm down this end.

Now back home (few days) but off again this evening to do our dog and other small animal sitting whilst Sarah (Woodbridge) and Philip (Colchester) et al are off on holiday (half term again!)....what's a holiday??

Son in law Andy's family car has died on him so having to lend him our car to go to airport - I get to use his Mazda MX5 for the week - I might just about get in but not so sure about getting out again!!!

One of Jake's jokes...honest Angry Angry

A Horse, a Chicken and a Harley

One day the two were playing, when the horse fell into a bog and began to sink.

Scared for his life, the horse whinnied for the chicken to go get the farmer for help!
Off the chicken ran, back to the farm.. Arriving at the farm, he searched and searched for the farmer, but to no avail, for he had gone to town with the only tractor.

Running around, the chicken spied the farmer's new Harley.

Finding the keys in the ignition, the chicken sped off with a length of rope hoping he still had time to save his friend's life.

Back at the bog, the horse was surprised, but happy, to see the chicken arrive on the shiny Harley, and he managed to get a hold of the loop of rope the chicken tossed to him.

After tying the other end to the rear bumper of the farmer's bike, the chicken then drove slowly forward and, with the aid of the powerful bike, rescued the horse!

Happy and proud, the chicken rode the Harley back to the farmhouse, and the farmer was none the wiser when he returned.

The friendship between the two animals was cemented: Best Buddies, Best Pals.

A few weeks later, the chicken fell into a mud pit, and soon, he too, began to sink and cried out to the horse to save his life!

The horse thought a moment, walked over, and straddled the large puddle.

Looking underneath, he told the chicken to grab his hangy-down thing and he would then lift him out of the pit.

The chicken got a good grip, and the horse pulled him up and out, saving his life.

The moral of the story, (yep, you betcha, there IS a moral!)

"When You're Hung Like A Horse,.......You Don't Need A Harley To Pick Up Chicks".

Take care.
Regards
Ken (Harley fan Big Grin)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply