Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OTT Reunited Update
06-24-2015, 12:59 PM
OTT Reunited Update
Dear All,

Been off the air for sometime now due to family, house renovation and personal commitments.

GENERAL

The reason for the message is to say that with effect from today all future 'general' correspondence re OTT Reunited will be via the OTT Reunited website Forum or RAMC OTTs page on Facebook.

It was decided some time ago that having four (2 on Facebook) comms formats was duplication ++. I will continue to forward all notifications sent to me of a specific nature - Corps events/info death notifications from the RHQ, details of OTT Reunited get togethers (reunion/P&P/etc), illnesses or deaths and any personal request from a member.

There are currently 260 members, 12 Honorary members, three Associate members and 14 widows registered on the OTT Reunited database. 196 members registered on Facebook and 155 registered on the OTT Reunited website Forum.

The reason I will continue to forward on information of interest for the time being via the group email address is that there are, as you can see, a discrepancy in the numbers above - many members are not registered on the website Forum or Facebook page so would not receive direct info which may be of interest to them.

I would like to request that if you are not registered on the OTT Reunited website Forum please do so - it only takes a minute. Any issues please let me know and we can talk them through.

Some members do not like Facebook due to the 'Friend' requests you get hence why they haven't gone down that route. Like Facebook there is also a Personal Message facility on the website Forum (which is the most used feature) so you will be able to contact other members confidentially and don't end up with 'Friends Request' issue.

Forum messages are retained open and do not disappear down the page as Facebook and lost unless you search the whole site. Personal detail as always are retained as confidential and individuals will always be contacted before contact details are forwarded (email address never postal).

This comments above are not an anti Facebook as may at first seem, I hope the two formats can compliment each other (in management speak) going forward.

I now feel (personal feeling) that we may have reached the bottom of the barrel OTT/ODA/ODP wise - the older group are no longer with us (in one way or another) and the serving/younger group do not wish to get involved (their loss) - I think were are now truly becoming 'The Diminishing Band of Brothers'.

GOOD NEWS DAY

I would like to share our joy with members - 'we' are going to be grandparents for the ninth time...David and Katie are expecting a baby end Oct beginning November.

BAD NEWS DAY

Decided that I needed to clear and dig out the back ditch and ease drainage issue and find cess pit outflow and drainage pipes - went down five foot deep ditch (with ladder) - cut back brambles and nettles and started digging out black goo (suitably attired of course) which was like quicksand - cut back some nettles and hit a wasps nest....SH1T...stung on neck and covered in goo - Lin had to hose me down in the garden - still got the rest of the ditch to do - oh joy!

PINT & PIE GIG

Jake has organised the next PPG - details have been left on the website Forum and Facebook page.

For those not on either above formats - apologies for not sending sooner.

Jake's message:

THE PIE & PINT GIG... is now on for the weekend 6th and 7th November..It is remembrance day weekend.....There is a war memorial near the hotel, we can gather there pay our respects before dispersing for home.

To book phone Sophie Costello or reception at the Harben House Hotel, Tickford Street Newport Pagnell, MK16 9EY. Tel. 01908 215 755. Quote OTTs weekend 6th Nov.

Rate is £55 pppn (dinner B&B) and 10% bar discount.

PS:

1. if you have any querys please contact Jake by Personal Message on The website Forum or Facebook page

2. If all attending are in agreement then a trip to nearby Bletchley Park can be arranged on Saturday - http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/

3. Bob Leatherday has kindly offered to supply the pies this time - hopefully pork pies and not squirrel and hedgehog with a dandelion and nettle jus......

OTT REUNITED REUNION 2017

As you will know I relinquished the task of reunion organiser in favour of Colin (Fairlamb). As all who attended the March reunion will agree Colin and team did a grand job
and I believe that the reunion was the best yet.

Surprise, surprise the next reunion is only 18 mths +/- away so thinking caps on please - do you know a suitable venue near you that could offer the accommodation, facilities
and price would fulfill our requirements

You may wonder why so early but the earlier we get an agreement signed the better the price which can be negotiated - early bird catches the worm as they say.

Like Jake Colin can be contacted by Personal Message via the website of Facebook.

NOT registered on the website Forum or Facebook page (yet)

Let me know via group email address and I will forward on any messages to Jake or Colin

RAMC 'OLD BOYS' REUNION 2015

Date 22nd August

For further details contact: Frank Davies at: (email address deleted by me on this site for security reasons)

RAMC REUNITED REUNION 2016

Date: 5 - 7 Feb 2016

Cost: 3 night DBB

AMS MUSEUM

Best wishes to Pete (Starling) on his return to the museum as acting Director.

Due to the resignation of his replacement Pete has been asked by the DG to return for six months until a new Director can be appointed.

FINALLY

I would like to thank all who have supported OTT Reunited via the group email address and hopefully will continue to do so via the Website http://ottreunited.com/ and/or Facebook.

Take care
Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply