Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
OTT Reunion 2015
03-09-2015, 08:29 PM
OTT Reunion 2015
Just thought I would compose a new thread with reference to the rerunion in Stoke that Sarah and I attended. We enjoyed a fantastic few nights, the company, food etc was all fantastic. In the past I have been guilty of being a bit sceptical about these kind of things...however...I urge you all to carry on supporting the group, the challenge is for each of us to influence 1 other person to attend in 2017, then the numbers will grow progressively. Social Media is obviously the ideal mode, we have facebook, but what about Twitter and Instagram?

Some familiar faces were performing with their anecdotes and actions. messers Fairlamb, Bonner and marshall were in full flow. It was a joy to see.

Id love to see more of you there next time...so make the effort.

Many gracious thanks to Ken, Colin and the whole team that helped make the reunion such a success.

regards from ralph 'Rhino' and Sarah.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: OTT Reunion 2015
(03-09-2015 08:29 PM)Rhino ONeill Wrote:  Just thought I would compose a new thread with reference to the rerunion in Stoke that Sarah and I attended. We enjoyed a fantastic few nights, the company, food etc was all fantastic. In the past I have been guilty of being a bit sceptical about these kind of things...however...I urge you all to carry on supporting the group, the challenge is for each of us to influence 1 other person to attend in 2017, then the numbers will grow progressively. Social Media is obviously the ideal mode, we have facebook, but what about Twitter and Instagram?

Some familiar faces were performing with their anecdotes and actions. messers Fairlamb, Bonner and marshall were in full flow. It was a joy to see.

Many gracious thanks to Ken, Colin and the whole team that helped make the reunion such a success.

Yes it truly was a great weekend,and as one of the older members it was reassuring to see a good crowd of youngsters attending. You will be the future of this group and long may it last.
The influence of youth and the constant nagging from my wife, has motivated me to re-join Facebook. I am a bit of a dinosaur regarding digital stuff , but I promise to persevere, and crack it.
Ron and myself will be recce ing a hotel for the next Pie and Pint location very soon. Dave Marshall will be accompanying us in a probationary role to learn the fine art of squeezing out a good deal. ( and to take the blame if it goes tits up)
So until the next gathering stay safe...... Jake

Keep On Rockin'
03-10-2015, 02:59 PM
(03-10-2015 01:23 AM)Jake Marlee Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 08:29 PM)Rhino ONeill Wrote:  Just thought I would compose a new thread with reference to the rerunion in Stoke that Sarah and I attended. We enjoyed a fantastic few nights, the company, food etc was all fantastic. In the past I have been guilty of being a bit sceptical about these kind of things...however...I urge you all to carry on supporting the group, the challenge is for each of us to influence 1 other person to attend in 2017, then the numbers will grow progressively. Social Media is obviously the ideal mode, we have facebook, but what about Twitter and Instagram?

Yes it truly was a great weekend,and as one of the older members it was reassuring to see a good crowd of youngsters attending. You will be the future of this group and long may it last.
The influence of youth and the constant nagging from my wife, has motivated me to re-join Facebook. I am a bit of a dinosaur regarding digital stuff , but I promise to persevere, and crack it.
Ron and myself will be recce ing a hotel for the next Pie and Pint location very soon. Dave Marshall will be accompanying us in a probationary role to learn the fine art of squeezing out a good deal. ( and to take the blame if it goes tits up)

A super w/e, well organised congrats to all concerned. caught up with some old (sorry previously known) friends and made some new ones.

Regards to all
Adrian
03-10-2015, 09:24 PM
(03-10-2015 02:59 PM)Adrian Pierce Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 01:23 AM)Jake Marlee Wrote:  

A super w/e, well organised congrats to all concerned. caught up with some old (sorry previously known) friends and made some new ones.

Regards to all
Adrian
I agree wholeheartedly & then some with all the above sentimentsCoolCool
still knackered from the w/end driving (short distance)Big Grin
03-11-2015, 10:41 AM
It is always nice to hear people say that they enjoyed themselves it makes all the hard work by the organisers worth while, the work for the next one starts now any suggestions on venues are welcome Jake and myself will always try to check them out.
03-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Hi All,

I have received +++ message of thanks - from members and in particular the honorary members who attended - to all involved in organising the reunion.

Thanks to Rhino for this thread - much appreciated. With his and the other 'Boys' (gender neutral of course - don't want Louise giving me a hard time) input/ear bending and arm twisting the future looks good.

I would like to add a comment from one of our senior officer guests which makes the point..."I thoroughly enjoyed the reunion and met a large number of old friends......I certainly see the value of OTT Reunited and would therefore like to make a donation to the fund".

I will be circulating to members the breakdown of amount raised for Combat Stress but for information here the total raised was £2487.68 and with Gift Aid added the charity will benefit to the tune of £2984.54.

Many thanks to all involved particularly those that put their hands in their pockets....again.

Right - on that note I will say by for now and get back to unblocking 'our' cess pit drain - to paraphrase 'Apocalypse Now' ...."You can't beat the smell of the countryside in the morning'.........

Regards
Ken