Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
2015 Reunion
02-01-2015, 09:46 AM
2015 Reunion
Firstly, apologies for being off comms for a while. Work has taken priority and I have been up against it.
Ken has been doing the donkey work (again) Grateful for that Ken.

Below is a message I posted on the OTT Facebook page. For those of you not on Facebook and are still deliberating over attending, please read, have a think. It would be great to see as many people there as possible for what is a fantastic weekend.

For those who have been trying to contact me, Apologies. I haven't seen any messages, either on here or in my private e mail, other than from Ken, Les, Jake and Ron.

I am contactable via cfairlamb@hotmail.com. Messages may well have gone to my junk e mail and been inadvertantly deleted. For that I apologise.

Ladies/Gents.
Another reminder regarding the OTT Reunion 2015. which is now just over a month away.
Friday 06th March-Sunday 08 March 2015.
North Stafford Hotel, Stoke-on-Trent.
Please, if you have not done so already, register on the OTT reunited website, http://www.ottreunited.com

There you will find amongst other things, a downloadable booking form, which you must sign and return to the hotel.

If anyone has difficulties doing this revert back to me or Ken Hanna.
Although the title is OTT, it is of course the more modern ODA/ODP that we are trying to recruit and attend. It is not all about old fogeys, I am an old fogey and there are older guys than me there.
It is and always has been our intention to persuade the modern day tech/practitioner to attend.

Many reunions/organisations are folding through lack of interest. Our little band of Brothers/Sisters are the envy of such. We need more than ever the support of our serving colleagues, colleagues that have recently completed their service to bridge the gap, to take this organisation forward.
Despite the weekend being a great opportunity to reunite with old friends, to chew the fat and reminisce, it also has its practical side.

Over the years, with its excellent stewardship by various people (names withheld as they are shy) it has and continues to do so raised admirable sums for its chosen charities. (this years being Combat Stress) It has, and continues to do so given financial assistance for a varied number of worthwhile causes when the need has arisen. Assistance in a small way to enable people to attend the reunion when they might otherwise not be able to afford it is one of the many things that the finances are used for. There are many more but I digress.

If you have never been to one of these events before, now is your chance. Stay for the gala dinner night only, stay for the whole weekend, the choice is yours.
We have some wonderful guests attending this year from days gone by and not so days gone by.

This year I am delighted to be able to have as my personal guest Lt Col (retd) Malcolm Jowett.

Come and meet old friends, resume rivalries (not really...please!) have a great weekend at a very reasonable cost. Lots of events and things to do, Golf, National Memorial Arboretum trip on the Sunday, where we will be laying a wreath and dedicating a plaque to a former OTT. all centered around the Grand Gala dinner, and of course, the bar.

If you're attending and are in a position to bring something along for the Grand Raffle It would be very much appreciated. Maybe an unwanted Christmas present, (no jumpers)

All the information you require is on the website. Visit it now….it’s worth a look.
Let’s all help make this year’s event the best yet.

Register and book now! http://www.ottreunited.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply