Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
2015 Reunion Appeal
01-06-2015, 04:58 PM
2015 Reunion Appeal
The March reunion is Colin Fairlamb ' s first event as organiser. Colin represents the younger generation so please make every effort to attend and support Colin. Please phone your old mates who have never attended and persuade them to come. You know they will receive a warm welcome but also them how OTT reunited helps those in distress or are ill. Let's make 2015 the best yet. Have you booked in yet Ian lots of you mates want to see you again?
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: 2015 Reunion Appeal
(01-06-2015 04:58 PM)Les Viner Wrote:  The March reunion is Colin Fairlamb ' s first event as organiser. Colin represents the younger generation so please make every effort to attend and support Colin. Please phone your old mates who have never attended and persuade them to come. You know they will receive a warm welcome but also them how OTT reunited helps those in distress or are ill. Let's make 2015 the best yet. Have you booked in yet Ian lots of you mates want to see you again?

Hi Les
I know this is Colin's first event as organiser, it is also my first. I think people would like to know if their booking is confirmed. I emailed Colin sometime ago for an up to date list and confirm my booking. Not heard anything

Cliff
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Hi Cliff,

I spoke to Colin yesterday....he will shortly be returning to Tanzania so I will liaise with the hotel in his absence.

The hotel won't confirm bookings with individuals - what happens is every few weeks the hotel sends 'us' a list of attendees - I will then circulate that list via the OTT Reunited group email....I spoke to the hotel today and requested an update which they will send me next week.....I will contact you and confirm your booking on receipt of that list.

Don't hestiate to contact me with any queries. Look forward to seeing you there, spread the word amongst your contemporaries Cliff....the more the merrier!!

Take care,
Regards
Ken
01-16-2015, 08:52 PM
Guys....

Call me a confused old fossil but I'm confused. The booking form named 'accommodation booking form' that can be downloaded off this forum, is it purely for accommodation or are any meals included as well? Is the £20 for the gala dinner all you pay (per person) even if you are attending the gala dinner but not staying at the north Staffordshire hotel? Are breakfasts included in the accommodation rate?

Thanks

Rhino
01-17-2015, 09:32 PM
Hi confused - of Lincolnshire,

Complete the booking form Booking Form as per your attendance eg

3 nights, 2 nights, one night or gala dinner only (Saturday night)

3,2 1 and one are all inclusive of evening meal (on Saturday it will of course be the gala dinner) and full English breakfast

The £20 per person Gala dinner only is if you are staying elsewhere and just attending the gala dinner on Saturday night as for instance Maj Gen Norman and Mrs Kirby who live locally

Hope that helps?

Yours confused of Suffolk ...it gets worse as you get older RalphHuh

Ken
01-20-2015, 04:45 PM
(01-17-2015 09:32 PM)Ken Hannah Wrote:  Hi confused - of Lincolnshire,

Complete the booking form Booking Form as per your attendance eg

3 nights, 2 nights, one night or gala dinner only (Saturday night)

3,2 1 and one are all inclusive of evening meal (on Saturday it will of course be the gala dinner) and full English breakfast

The £20 per person Gala dinner only is if you are staying elsewhere and just attending the gala dinner on Saturday night as for instance Maj Gen Norman and Mrs Kirby who live locally

Hope that helps?

Yours confused of Suffolk ...it gets worse as you get older RalphHuh

Ken

Hi Ken

Thanks for the reply. Much as i appreciate the work that has gone in to getting special deals etc from the establishment Its going to be cheaper (all our pennies count towards our cypriot retirement villa) for us to book via a hotel booking agency (trivago.co.uk or booking.com)

We want to stay fri and sat night. We dont want an evening meal fri night but do want the gala dinner sat night. the booking form indicates a total cost of £220 whereas a booking agency indicates a price of £115 for two nights B&B for 2 pax plus of course we would pay £20 per head for the gala dinner - Total £155.

Hope this is not frowned upon, I am also hoping that terry 'porky' (but not so porky now) perkins +1 will also be attending.

Thanks mate

Ralph
01-24-2015, 11:56 PM
Hi Ralph,

How you book is up to you....what matters is that you have made the effort to be there........however, when you acquire a slightly cheaper rate by going via an agency you aren't factoring in the cost of the hire of the two function rooms, private bar and happy hour bar prices negotiated for 'the group' .....these costs are reflected in the group booking prices hence the difference - for everyone to book via an agency and pay for meals ad hoc etc would be 'difficult' for the organisers to administer.

Regards
Ken

PS chase up Terry et al of your era...new young blood a must if we are to go from strength to strength.
01-25-2015, 08:42 PM
(01-24-2015 11:56 PM)Ken Hannah Wrote:  Hi Ralph,

How you book is up to you....what matters is that you have made the effort to be there........however, when you acquire a slightly cheaper rate by going via an agency you aren't factoring in the cost of the hire of the two function rooms, private bar and happy hour bar prices negotiated for 'the group' .....these costs are reflected in the group booking prices hence the difference - for everyone to book via an agency and pay for meals ad hoc etc would be 'difficult' for the organisers to administer.

Regards
Ken

PS chase up Terry et al of your era...new young blood a must if we are to go from strength to strength.

Hi Ken

I am sorry to keep on but have you got the confirmed list yet.

Cliff
01-26-2015, 11:19 PM
Hi,

All OK re your booking Smile-

Responded to you this evening via ottreunited group email address.

Circulated reunion details amongst your contraries Cliff...the more the merrier eh?

Regards
Ken
02-24-2015, 09:06 PM
I sent the booking for the gala meal for 2 to the hotel, have had no confirmation from any source yet. Are we good to go?

Rhino +1