Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
55 FST Website Update from Bill de Bass Please read
01-04-2015, 10:43 AM
55 FST Website Update from Bill de Bass Please read
Does anyone know what had happened to the 55 FST Website? Ian could you find out please as its a great research resource?
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: 55 FST Website
Les - contacted Bill de bass re issue with 55 site - requested that he copies you into the reply. It isn't our link as 55 site can't be accessed via Google either...noticed an RE 'postie site/blog or whatever you call it - he mentioned 55 and there is a picture of Gerry Farrell and 'other' members of FST with 'postie'.....didn't have time for 'fratting' in my time (71)...swing the lamp!!!! Take care.

Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: 55 FST Website
Ken has asked me to post a reply from Bill de Bass - I'm sure you will all join me in wishing Bill a happy new year and I'm amazed how well he is coping with his diminished sight. I'll try and make it my mission to visit him this year. Anyone wishing to come with me? Let's hope Bud Holder and Gerry sees this post. Is there anything we can do to help Ian?

Hi Ken,

Thank you very much for your email and the very best wishes to you for the New Year.
I do not envy you moving. It is something that I would dread should the need to move the cursor.
We have been in this house for nearly 30 years and accumulated all sorts of things that would need to be sorted through and chucked away.

Yes the website has gone and there is little story behind that.

By the beginning of last year my eyesight had deteriorated to the point where I was finding it extremely difficult to read.
Books and newspapers I could not manage but I could manage the computer by fiddling with the text.

I do run four websites and two of them ran on the old Front Page Server Extensions method of uploading files onto the server.
The Internet service providers decided that all uploading of files should be turned over to the File Transfer Protocol.
I changed the 55 FST website with a certain amount of difficulty but it functioned normally.
The next programme was more difficult and with my reduced eyesight I made the error of putting some of the files from this program into the 55 F S T website.
Utter chaos.
I muttered and swore for a while and came to the conclusion that the only way out was to pull one or other of the programs concerned.
55 FST lost out to Thetford Rotary Club as my fellow club members would be the first to complain.

I have been nagged by Marian to put it back on line but since I have had my eyes fixed I have been somewhat overwhelmed by the number of tasks that have accumulated or been put on the backburner over the last 18 months; 55 FST being one of them.
It will happen.

Kind regards, Bill

dictated using Dragon Naturally Speaking Version 12.0