Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
The Arctic Circle
12-07-2014, 08:54 PM
The Arctic Circle
Janet & I are flying off to the Arctic Circle tomorrow morning 600 miles north of Stockholm. Janet always wanted to see the northern lights and this is a thank you trip for nursing me through my llness.
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 12:34 AM
RE: The Arctic Circle
(12-07-2014 08:54 PM)Les Viner Wrote:  Janet & I are flying off to the Arctic Circle tomorrow morning 600 miles north of Stockholm. Janet always wanted to see the northern lights and this is a thank you trip for nursing me through my llness.

Bon voyage old friend. Enjoy the lights get some photos Les and post them on the site. Enjoy yourselves you both deserve it.

(If you see Santa up there, tell him I am still waiting for last years Aston Martin.)

Love to you both Jake& Sue

Keep On Rockin'
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2014, 02:34 AM
Hi Les & Janet,

Nice thought Les....hope you see the lights......unlike Jake who wants a car...if you see Santa tell him all I want is a bike......a blue and white Harley Heritage Softail will do nicely thank youBig Grin

I saw the Northern Lights one night in 1958 (aged 12)....we were stationed in Anglesea, North Wales at the time.....the whole sky turned blood red....scared the hell out of me...I thought the Martians were coming......the lights are usually green/blue but apparently every ten years or so they appear red and can be see as far south as the midlands - would love to see them around the artic circle must be amazing.

On that note I will say goodnight.
Regards
Ken
12-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi Les and Janet,
Hope you have a lovely time, unlike some I do not wish for flash cars or motorbikes just my health and friends see you in March
Ron
12-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Have a great trip Bro, both you and Janet deserve this trip and remember those photo's. See you when you get back.

Love and best wishes

Ian & Evette xx