Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
reunion 2015
01-11-2014, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2014 03:42 PM by administrator.)
reunion 2015
Hi
I went to a works reunion at the Kinmel Manor Hotel in Abergele North Wales on Thuresday lovely place, with the 2015 reunion in mind I made some enquires they are willing to discus rates withus I had a good look arround and came to the following conclusions.

1 Parking plenty
2 Dinning Excellent (plenty of room)
3 Clensiness Excellent
4 Rooms for Entertainment Excellent
5 PA System Forgot to ask.
6 Places to Visit plenty (Snodonia National Park) 45 mins away
So as you can see lots going for it BUT Now THE DOWN SIDE

1 Accomadation ONLY 58 Bed Rooms but they would arrange further accomadation at a nother local Hotel which is aprox 4 miles away

2 The Distance some people would have to travel

Because of the accomadation situation I think it is a NO NO

Ron
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: reunion 2015
(01-11-2014 11:21 AM)Ronald Safhill Wrote:  Hi
I went to a works reunion at the Kinmel Manor Hotel in Abergele North Wales on Thuresday lovely place, with the 2015 reunion in mind I made some enquires they are willing to discus rates withus I had a good look arround and came to the following conclusions.

1 Parking plenty
3 Clensiness Excellent

1 Accomadation ONLY 58 Bed Rooms but they would arrange further accomadation at a nother local Hotel which is aprox 4 miles away

Ron
Probably good for a P&P weekend. Should we Recce it? Lets talk about it at Liverpool........ Keep Ropckin'..... Jake.

Keep On Rockin'
Find all posts by this user
01-12-2014, 11:47 AM
(01-11-2014 11:21 AM)Ronald Safhill Wrote:  Hi

1 Parking plenty
3 Clensiness Excellent

Ron

Like the idea of Snowdonia being around the corner, there could be a bit of snow left on the tops as well.
01-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Hi Ron,
Could be a good shout for a pie & pint, hills for the energetic,fishing for the fat boys (and Jake)
01-16-2014, 11:43 PM
Hi,

I have arranged a visit to the North Stafford Hotel in Stoke on Trent (a Brittania hotel) for the 28th January. Myself, Ron, Jake and Colin Fairlamb will meet up with the 'sales' manager and conduct a recce. We will check out the facilities and the area and report back.

I still have to contact the Best Weston in Lincoln suggested by Rhino O'Neal....I suspect it may be too expensive being a BW.

Colin has kindly agreed to take the lead at the next reunion with support from the usual suspects!

If all goes well we could arrange a P&P for later in the year.

Regards
Ken
01-18-2014, 10:52 AM
(01-16-2014 11:43 PM)Ken Hannah Wrote:  Hi,

I have arranged a visit to the North Stafford Hotel in Stoke on Trent (a Brittania hotel) for the 28th January. Myself, Ron, Jake and Colin Fairlamb will meet up with the 'sales' manager and conduct a recce. We will check out the facilities and the area and report back.

I still have to contact the Best Weston in Lincoln suggested by Rhino O'Neal....I suspect it may be too expensive being a BW.

Colin has kindly agreed to take the lead at the next reunion with support from the usual suspects!

If all goes well we could arrange a P&P for later in the year.

Regards
Ken
A big well done and many thanks to Geordie for taking on the reunion