Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Update Re Le's Funeral arrangements
08-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Update Re Le's Funeral arrangements
Dear All,

Just a quick update and plan for Les's Funeral

Currently we have 31 attending of which eight are partners. Some maybe attending who have contacted Janet directly?

Ken & Lin Hannah
Jake & Sue Marlee
Derrick & Sally Worthington
Derek & ? Suli Henderson
Mick & Gloria Mccran
Mick & Barbara Naya
Les & Janet Thorn
Chris Bossingham & Friend?
Bash Ahmed
Bob Leatherday
John Mannering
Tony Valeisa
Keith Jones
Mike Craven
Bob Sheppard
Phil Olive
Ron Denton
Mark Rees
Phil Bridges
Ron Safhill
Jimmy Muir
Duncan White
Jim Ryan

As a number are staying in or near the Half Moon Hotel in Alford (West St, Alford LN13 9DG) may I suggest that we RV at the Half Moon from 12ish. The crem (Mill Cross Hill, Alford, LN13 9LH) is only a few minutes away by car.

Janet has read some notes left by Les re his funeral and he requested that he would like the pall bearers to be OTTs.

Can I ask for volunteers - we need five...... please let me know asap - ta.

Please PM me here, private email or Facebook post.

The plan is to arrive and line both sides of the entrance to the chapel - with first six being the pall bearers.

As the hearse arrives bow head and when stopped half left/right turn towards hearse....... the pall bearers to go to hearse and be briefed by the funeral director. We will follow in behind family etc. I will inform the funeral directors nearer the time when we have names.

Unfortunately the standard bearer will not now be able to attend as his predecessor passed away on 13th August and his funeral has been changed from 31st August to 1st September so SB will now be attending that funeral in Leicester - which is understandable.

Mick McCran is on the case with John Wall (Chief Corps SB) and hopefully they will come up with a replacement.

A number of members who are unable to attend have kindly offered to make a donation to the OTT Reunited 'Members' Charity Fund in Les's memory. A/c details have been sent. Many thanks to them.

Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Update Re Le's Funeral arrangements - Ken Hannah - 08-16-2017 04:00 PM