Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
What are you all doing now?
01-18-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: What are you all doing now?
Hi,

Great post.

I have always been amazed by the diversity of of employments of 'The Boys' following their departure from 'The Trade'. In my own case I left the job and went admin - so after five years of being a shinny arsed officer, going back into the trade was out - technical advance++. On leaving the army I decided having a break was on the cards (6 months off) you could of course go on the dole in those days even though you had a pension etc...then got a job as the Head Porter at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge (RSM of the College to put it in military terms). Stayed a year then resigned...I sacked a pain in the A ex RAF Cpl (long story for Pint & Pie Gig). I left the college after a that - no point in being able to hire if you can't fire - so had a year off instead. Then got a fab job with Cambridgeshire Trading Standards, spent 14 great years there - following diagnoses of aggressive Prostate Ca I was able to apply to take early retirement by applying for Voluntary redundancy...under the circumstance they let me have it...thanks very much...Now well and truly retired...when asked what do you all day.....reply "I don't know but it takes me all day to do it!"...then of course there is the model railway!!!!!

Regards
Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What are you all doing now? - Paul Arthur - 01-17-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: What are you all doing now? - Les Viner - 01-18-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: What are you all doing now? - Ken Hannah - 01-18-2014 08:00 PM
RE: What are you all doing now? - Pete Hughes - 01-21-2014, 11:22 PM
RE: What are you all doing now? - Les Viner - 01-22-2014, 11:37 AM